Cancelled or delayed flights to and from Casablanca: compensation or refund
Has your flight to or from Casablanca via Mohammed V airport been delayed or cancelled?
You could be entitled to compensation of up to €600 and a refund. Check your compensation now.
Flight delays: passenger rights
Is your flight delayed? Don’t panic, we’ve made arrangements to ensure your comfort and assistance. Waiting at the airport can quickly become frustrating. Fortunately, in the case of delays of several hours, the airline must provide you with free drinks and meals. Two telephone calls or e-mails and two fax machines are also available.
If the delay lasts more than one day, you are entitled to accommodation and transportation between the airport and your accommodation. The airline will cover these costs.
Assistance and comfort are not arbitrary; they depend on waiting time and flight distance. For example:
- Your flight is delayed by more than 2 hours and the distance is less than 1,500 km: you are entitled to this assistance.
- For flights within the European Union over 1,500 km and for other flights between 1,500 and 3,500 km, the threshold is 3 hours’ delay.
- For flights over 3,500 km, this threshold is 4 hours.
Cancelled flights: passenger rights
Has your flight been cancelled? Rest assured, your rights as a passenger are well protected. In the event of cancellation, arrangements are made to ensure your comfort. You’ll be offered meals and beverages, as well as accommodation paid for by the airline if your flight doesn’t take off on the same day. As in the case of a delay, you will also be entitled to two faxes, e-mails or telephone calls.
When a flight is cancelled, you can choose between a full refund or an alternative flight to the same destination.
You are also entitled to financial compensation:
- For flights of up to 1,500 kilometers, compensation is €250.
- For flights between 1,500 and 3,500 km, the charge is €400.
- For a flight distance of over 3,500 km, you can obtain up to €600 in compensation if the flight is at least 4 hours late. If the delay is between 3 and 4 hours, the compensation is €300.
Exceptional circumstances not eligible for compensation
Please note that certain exceptional situations may preclude compensation. When the airline demonstrates that the flight delay or cancellation is due to circumstances considered extraordinary and unavoidable, no compensation is due.
According to European regulations, an extraordinary circumstance occurs when air traffic is disrupted despite all the so-called reasonable measures taken by the airline to avoid cancellation or delay.
What are exceptional circumstances? These are indisputable situations such as a volcano erupting and blocking air traffic, a cyclone or storm, excessive snow cover, an act of terrorism or an earthquake…
These unforeseen events release the airline from any obligation to pay compensation.